Thyroid Cancer 101: Third World Thyroid Cancer Congress II : What did We learn about Monitoring after thyroid cancer surgery.
De-escalate Excessive Imaging
Just say No
Too Many Modalities and too Much Imaging
- Less is more for low risk cancers.
- If the thyroglobulin and initial endocrine neck Ultrasound post op is negative you can insist of less intensive surveillance imaging.
- Get outside opinions before long term planning is done and before you are subjected to endless visits for imaging.
- Small volume of local lymph nodes post op can also be followed without watchful waiting instead of more imaging and radiation.
- Use of alternative therapy for these low risk cases with a few lymph nodes include ethanol ablation PEI and radiofrequency ablation RFA.
- Call me for PEI treatment evaluation for your small number of cancer lymph nodes post surgery or radioiodine.
- 310-393-8860 or email@example.com.