Thyroid No Surgery 101: Dr.Guttler’s Rules to Avoid Unnecessary Thyroid Surgery.
- Do not have a thyroid ultrasound. Why?
- The first thing that can cause a patient to have unnecessary surgery is an ultrasound of their thyroid that is done without a clear indication that it is indicated.
- Examples include thyroid ultrasound done as part of a routine physical, health fair screening.
- Refuse one if offered by your physician unless they can give you good reasons it is needed.
- The indications include abnormal thyroid blood tests,thyroid antibodies, palpable goiter or nodules, family history or thyroid cancer or Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Having a thyroid ultrasound can find harmless small nodules that can result in unnecessary thyroid biopsy and even that dreaded thyroid surgery you did not need.
- I am available for online consultation to resolve your problem BEFORE you have the thyroid ultrasound. If you need it you should no it, but if you don’t need it you could be going down the tunnel to surgery for nothing.
- 310-393-8860 or email@example.com. The fee to answer the question if you need a thyroid ultrasound is $150. Email your information to me.