Cannabis and Your Thyroid Gland 101: Use at your own unknown risk for damaging effects on your hormones including thyroid gland hormones TSH and T4.
- Cannabis suppresses pituitary hormones.
- Which could cause changes in thyroid function.
- The effect of cannabis on the thyroid has yet to be determined.
- Cannabis may be helpful for Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s disease.
- TSH can be lower on cannabis.
- The thyroid is a very sensitive yet powerful gland that controls hormones that regulates mood, digestion, metabolism, and brain function.
- Cannabis suppresses pituitary hormones, which could cause changes in thyroid function, the consequences of which have yet to be determined.
- Smoke at your own risk.