Transient thyrotoxicosis from thyroiditis induced by sibutramine overdose: a case report.
- Sibutramine is an antiobesity drug that inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and noradrenalin in the hypothalamus.
- A 37-year-old Korean man presented to the emergency room for the oral intake of 280 mg of sibutramine.
- The patient was in thyrotoxic state. The (99m)Technetium-pertechnetate thyroid scan showed irregular uptake of radioisotope and thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor antibody and thyroperoxidase antibody were negative.
- Thyroid function normalized after that. The patient had transient thyrotoxicosis with thyroiditis.
- We report a case of thyrotoxicosis accompanied by thyroiditis resulting from the intentional overdose of sibutramine.
- Supplements are not studied just registered by the FDA. The buyer be ware that many bad things can happen to you with few if any benefits.
- Don’t waste money on these untested products that sound good but if you have a thyroid condition it can cause you serious problems.
- FDA only cracks down on the ones that say they cure you. The ones that say they support you are on the market.
- A billion dollar waste of your money and may cause you harm if you have a thyroid condition.