Thyroid Disease 101: A Link: Psoriasis And Autoimmune Thyroid Disease.
- Patients with psoriatic disease have an increased risk for thyroid disease, including hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroiditis, and certain autoimmune thyroid conditions such as Grave’s disease and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- The investigators identified a total of 13,266 patients with psoriatic arthritis (the psoriatic arthritis group), 149,576 patients with psoriasis alone (the psoriasis group), and 162,842 controls who did not have psoriasis.
- Compared with the control group, the psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis groups had an elevated risk for incident hyperthyroidism,Grave’s disease and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis groups also had an increased risk for incident hypothyroidism.
- An endocrinology consultation should be considered in patients with Psoriasis.
- Call me for an evaluation for autoimmune thyroid disease at 310-393-8860 or email@example.com.