Thyroid Eye Disease 101: Graves, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto’s Patients Have Knowledge Gaps about the dangers of thyroid eye disease TED.
- The detailed knowledge of the dangers of thyroid eye disease is missing in the patients with the eye disease and those that are potential eye patients in the future.
- The eye disease does not just occur with hyperthyroidism.
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis can be associated with TED without hyperthyroidism.
- Many patients with thyroid autoimmune disease do not know the association of smoking and the onset of TED.
- Many also do not know there are many surgical procedures to help patients with the eye disease.
- From simple correction of lid retraction,eye muscle correction to complete major decompression surgery.