Thyroid Hormone Therapy 101: Did you have a firm diagnosis before the physician started thyroid hormone treatment for life?
- If you are taking thyroid hormone lifetime replacement therapy you need to know if the diagnosis was confirmed by original lab tests and examination.
- Many patients are treated without full documentation of the presence of hypothyroidism or Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Starting thyroid when the patient has symptoms of weight gain, fatigue or feeling cold but no proof of abnormal blood TSH as a trial is not a good idea.
- There are risk to taking thyroid hormone to the patient’s bones and heart.
- Get another opinion if you really need thyroid hormone for life.
- call me for second opinion at 310-393-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.