First Thyroid Nodule Workshop on Radiofrequency Ablation With a Thyroid RF Mini-Probe Designed for Thyroidologists to ablate benign thyroid nodules, cancer lymph nodes and micro-cancers.
4 weeks only: June16-July 16 2017
What is the goal of this workshop?
In preparation to the FDA approval of this thyroid friendly system by StarMed Korea, we are beginning the introduction of this valuable alternative to surgery and Active surveillance to the the USA and Canada.This will only be lectures including moving shoot technique and a hands on workshop on the details of the RFA generator, and how to use RFA with the help of “models” to ablate “beef” nodules for students to learn how this system works. This is a limited period as the generator is only for presentations and workshops in the USA. You have 4 weeks to see this system ion action.
There will be future extended workshops when FDA approved which will include observation of actual RFA treatments of patients with thyroid nodules. The plan includes enough training to allow the budding interventional thyroidologist to do this safely in their practice.
What does the introduction course include and the price?
The one day workshop includes:
Lectures on all details of the present status of research, Knobology of RFA system. Present status of wide wide use of RFA with this StarMed mini-probe.
- Workshop on using RFA for thyroid nodules. This includes Knobology how to adjust the heat and how to use the cooling system.
- AceNeedle Me, AACE torso model used to demo the “moving shoot technique”.
- This is a limited time situation between two major US meetings for Star Med.
- The generator must return to Korea until FDA approved.
- The RF workshop fee is $1000.
- Call Matt at 310-393-8860.
- Recommended reading
- Video Clip of RFA of nodules:
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU
Roberto Valcavi doing RFA on one of my patients sent to him from the USA to avoid surgery for a benign nodule.