Master’s Class Resume in Fourth Quarter 2018: All Endocrinologists Doing their Own Thyroid Biopsies are Prime Targets of AACE to Learn Radiofrequency RFA and Ethanol PEI Ablation on Their Own Patients with Thyroid Nodules and Cancer.
DR.Guttler showing one of the thyroid friendly RFA systems used in the master’s course.
Why the master’s classes for ablation therapy? My program is designed to give personal one on one training on all aspects of clinical thyroidology. This includes Thyroid Ultrasound,USGFNA,Onsite Adequacy, Thyroid cytology for endocrinologists, Ethanol ablation of thyroid and parathyroid cysts, and thyroid RFA of nodules and cancer.
Endocrinologist with vast experience in doing her own biopsies was a good fit to begin thyroid ablation after her one week master’s class with me. She will need the training from AACE before she can begin treating her own patients. She is also a prime candidate to be involved with the clinical trials of thyroid RFA in the USA.
DR.Guttler showing how to ablate a beef nodule in a gelatin model for his endocrinologist student.
This course allows endocrinologists the chance to do hands on ablation procedures on gelatin and bovine liver models and learn all the various techniques to do safe ablation procedures on their patients. These skills will be needed to be involved in the clinical trials of thyroid nodule ablation planned for later this year.
- An AACE task force was set up to evaluate if AACE should teach ablation procedures.
- The result was a that there was sufficient interest in learning these procedures that it recommended to the AACE board that the education committee develop means to teach these skills to members.
- The board agreed to recommend we pursue education/research initiatives. Now it is in the hands of the new education oversight committee.
- We have two members of the board that are advocates of these procedures, so will hope to get things moving.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to email@example.com for Master’s Class details.
- Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU
- Interventional thyroidologist
Endocrinologists showing the beef nodule she ablated with RFA in the master’s class session.