Recurrent Thyroid Cancer 101: How Ethanol Ablation PEI Can Save You from Another Hospital Stay for a Repeat Neck Dissection Thyroid Surgery.
Thyroid cancer in Lymph nodes in the neck are local spread not distant spread.
You have several options if there is recurrence. More surgery,Ethanol or radiofrequency ablation.
- Surgery is the first line treatment recurrent thyroid cancer.
- However, surgery could be difficult, or cause serious side effects PEI is a safe alternative.
- No general anesthesia is needed.
- Less complications with PEI.
- 3-4 lymph nodes are ideal for PEI.
- PEI is indicated in those who refuse more repeated surgeries , or high risk patients.
- Radiofrequency ablation RFA is superior PEI but is not available in the USA.
- One must travel to Europe or Korea for RFA.
- Call me for details at 310-393-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.