Say NO to Routine Thyroid Cancer Screening by thyroid ultrasound.
- Do not let your primary physician do routine ultrasound of your thyroid just because he has a portable unit .
- Just say no to routine screening for thyroid nodules and cancer by ultrasound.
- Clinical indications must be present to protect you from having a small micro-nodule biopsied.
- Thyroid ultrasound should be limited to evaluations in patients with known risk factors for cancer.
- Family history of thyroid cancer
- or radiation exposure, and or a palpable thyroid gland abnormalities as nodules or goiter.
- Spongiform nodules are never an indication for a biopsy
- Always get more outside opinions when told to have an ultrasound or biopsy. It can save you from unnecessary thyroid surgery.
- Call Matt for a second opinion before you have unnecessary procedures. 310-393-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org