Reasons to Insist on an Endocrinologists to evaluate and if needed do the thyroid needle biopsy.
DR. Brittany Henderson endocrinologist does over 100 biopsies a year.
- Your primary is not qualified to do a complete endocrine evaluation.
- They should not decide you need a biopsy.
- They should not send you to a radiology department for the biopsy.
- Insist on seeing an endocrinologist for evaluation first.
- Over 100 ECNU certified endocrinologists are listed in AACE.com website. Todd Frieze D,FACP,ECNU and Jonathon Leffert are two endocrinologists doing many biopsies a year.
- There are many reasons that you may not need for a biopsy.
- Many nodules are too small or have an ultrasound pattern which is benign and no biopsy is needed.
- Recent studies show endocrinologists are better at obtaining an adequate sample for diagnosis than radiologists.
- Endocrinologists do their own ultrasounds. They evaluate to lateral neck looking for suspicious lymph nodes.
- Finding a suspicious lymph node changes the biopsy procedure to include the lymph node.
- Endocrinologists are more likely to obtain smears instead of thin prep.
- If an indeterminate result endocrinologists are just as good as radiologists in obtaining molecular markers.
- Call me before the biopsy!
- 310-393-8860 or email@example.com.