Thyroid Cancer 101: Childhood Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors at Risk for Thyroid Cancer.
- Young patients <17 Y/O treated for Hodgkin Lymphoma need parents to be sure to have screening thyroid studies including complete endocrine neck ultrasounds yearly.
- Risk for thyroid cancer was highest among women exposed to neck radiotherapy at <10 years of age. At age 50, cumulative incidence rates were 17% for thyroid cancer.
- Neck radiation is a key cause of thyroid cancer years later.
- Seek out a thyroidologist to examine your child and do endocrine neck ultrasound to find any nodules early before they get big and cause trouble.
- 310-393-8860- or firstname.lastname@example.org.