Thyroid Cancer 101: Even with the good long term prognosis fear of Recurrence and a negative life view effects the patients quality of life for years.
Hedman et al
Thyroid 28(12) 2018 p.1609
- The physician needs to continue to assess quality of life issue with the patient even though they have a good prognosis.
- Women tend to fear they will not see their children grow up.
- Men tend to worry how the family with survive without them.
- 349 patients answered a questionnaire.
- 23% had a negative life view.
- 75% had fear of recurrence.
- These had lower quality of life scores as well.