Thyroid Cancer 101: Excellent Prognosis for Thyroid Cancers?
Dr.Guttler’s Comments on this article:
- Does every classical type of well-differentiated thyroid cancer have excellent prognosis?
- Well-differentiated thyroid cancer (WDTC) is the most common endocrine tumor with generally excellent prognosis.
- However, here are 14 individuals with aggressive classical type of WDTC.
- 14/4,327 patients had an aggressive form of WDTC.
- 10 (2.87%) cases with papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) and 4 (1.14%) with follicular thyroid cancer (FTC).
- Mortality in 3/14 (21.42%) individuals.
- In 4313/4327 patients with classical type of WDTC characterized by excellent prognosis.
- Extremely aggressive entities might be observed but is not the norm.
- Kaliszewski K et al