Thyroid Cancer 101: Genes involved in thyroid cancers.
- Next-generation sequencing to analyze the transcriptome of 60 authenticated thyroid cell lines and compared our findings with the known genomic defects in human thyroid cancers.
- Thyroid cancer cell line mutations recapitulate those found in primary tumors (e.g., BRAF, RAS or gene fusions)
- Mutations in the TERT promoter (83%) and TP53 (71%) were highly prevalent.
- There were frequent alterations in PTEN, PIK3CA and of members of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex, mismatch repair, cell cycle checkpoint, histone methyl- and acetyltransferase functional groups.
- This cell line resource will help inform future pre-clinical studies exploring tumor-specific dependencies.
- This is the future for finding the right thyroid cancer treatment for advanced thyroid cancers.
Comprehensive genetic characterization of human thyroid cancer cell lines: a validated panel for preclinical studies
Inigo Landa-Lopez, et al