Thyroid Cancer 101: White People Have More Thyroid Cancer? Maybe.
- White people were 1.6 times more likely to get thyroid cancer compared to non-whites.
- 1100 FNAs done in this study.
- 4.9 % of non-whites had thyroid cancer
- 13 % of whites had thyroid cancer.
- Diagnostic bias plays a role.
- However after all other factors of poor medical care there till was an increased incidence in the white study group.
- Iwata et al Endocrine Practice 24(11) Nov 2018 p.941.
- More studies are needed to see if this holds up.