Thyroid Cancer Ethanol Ablation Treatment 101: The Secret is Out That Surgery is Not The Only Treatment for Recurrent Thyroid Cancers.
Comment: Today in the Washington Diplomat we find this article to share about alternative ethanol ablation for thyroid cancers ionstead of another neck surgery.
Bravo to Gina Shaw for writing this article. Here are the major points.
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU.
Alcohol Ablation: Little-Known Treatment for Thyroid Cancer
By Gina Shaw
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
1. Survivor of thyroid cancer but year, or two, or five later, your doctor tells you that the cancer has returned and invaded the lymph nodes in your neck.
2. Two options.Surgery or you can undergo a course of radioactive iodine therapy, which may require hospitalization and will definitely leave you giving off radiation for some time after treatment — meaning you’ll need to be isolated from friends and family for a period of time and will have to take other precautions, like washing your linens separately from everyone else in the house. You may also experience other side effects, such as nausea, headaches, dry mouth and impairment of your fertility.
13. Hay recommends it only for those patients with recurrent thyroid cancer that’s limited to five or fewer lymph nodes. And there’s always a chance that the cancer won’t respond and the procedure will need to be repeated.
14. “Why don’t more thyroid cancer patients know about alcohol ablation?” The answer is their doctors don’t tell them about this procedure.
15. Is Mayo Clinic is the only major institution that offers alcohol ablation? No other Private endocrinologists are doing Ethanol ablation in their office..
Comment:”On the thyroid cancer support forums, people talk about recurrent disease and having to go through radiation again and again. There is an alternative! There is a problem with the physicians treating the patients.They are so neasighted that they only know surgery and radiation even though ethanol has been used all over the world for lymph node cancer ablation.
The patient has to push for this alternative to get it done.
We do ethanol ablation in my office in Santa Monica.
Call Matt at 310-393-8860 or email@example.com for details.