Thyroid Cancer in Females 101: Do you really need the Single Dose of Radioiodine for your Low risk thyroid
Thyroid 28(4) 2018 p.522.
Yaish I et al
DR.Guttler’s Comments of this article.
- This article shows a decrease in one function related to fertility.
- The continued unnecessary use of radioiodine in low risk thyroid cancer poses a threat to fertility.
- Refuse radioiodine without expert second opinion confirming it is needed.
- If you are >35 it is necessary to be sure it is needed.
- AMH ( anti Mullerian hormone ) levels are decreased after RAI.
- Serum AMH drawn before taking radioiodine can help make the decision if >35 years old.
- Get an expert opinion if it is needed. call me at 310-393-8860 or email@example.com.