Thyroid Cancer No More Surgery 101: How to Avoid the Surgeon Wanting to do Another modified radical neck dissection when there were recurrent cancer lymph nodes found after the first neck surgery.
Examples of Thyroid RF treatment of cancer lymph nodes
- You have locally recurrent nodal metastatic thyroid cancer after you went through total thyroidectomy, radioiodine, and modified radical neck dissection.
- The physicians want you to go in the hospital for another neck surgery.
- You wonder why you find alternatives on the internet but your physicians don’t recommend them or tell you they are too dangerous.
- Both Ethanol ablation PEI, and radiofrequency ablation RFA are alternative non-surgical proven methods to destroy cancer lymph nodes without another surgery with worry about your voice, parathyroid glands, and another recovery period from a hospitalization.
- PEI, and RFA are outpatient procedures done in the physicians office.
- Each lymph node treated by either method saves $50,000 in hospital charges according to the Mayo Clinic’s Dr.Ian Hay.
- VideoEndocrinology video published paper on ethanol ablation.Dr Guttler has a 1 cc syringe with 200 proof ethanol to inject in a thyroid cancer lymph node.
- Thyroid cancer lymph node ablated with ethanol at my center.
- Thyroid cancer lymph ablated at the Mayo Clinic by Dr.Ian Hays team
- Thyroid cancer lymph node needed 2 sessions to alcohol ablate in my office.
- Another candidate to avoid surgery with either PEI or thyroid RFA
- The fee in my center for PEI of proven recurrent cancer lymph nodes is $1750. Compare that to surgery.
- RFA treatment is more difficult for US citizens as it is still not approved in the US. They would need to travel to Italy or Korea.
- Complication rates are very low with no long term complications and 1-5% minor complications.
- Dr. Baek at Asan medical center in Seoul is a pioneer in Thyroid RF for cancer lymph nodes.