- Ethanol Ablation PEI is not just for thyroid cysts. It is also a treatment for thyroid cancers.
- Nodal neck recurrence of papillary cancer is already a proven treatment after prior neck dissection.Mayo clinic has data on 222 patients treated with success from 1991-2017.
- Now as alternative to surgery or long term observation called active surveillance ethanol ablation can ablate primary micro-papillary cancers inside your thyroid without surgery or the need for replacement therapy,or the worry long term of having a thyroid cancer in your neck with active surveillance.
- Ian Hay and his Mayo clinic group has presented data on PEI for primary thyroid cancers.
- Presented at American Thyroid Association national meeting in Victoria BC Canada 17-22
- October 2017
17 tumors in 15 patients were ablated with ethanol since 2013.
Santa Monica thyroid center’s Dr.Guttler has been doing ethanol ablation for thyroid nodules,cysts and thyroid cancer for over ten years.
Call Matt at 310-393-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details how we can treat your micropapillary without surgery or long term observation.
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU