Thyroid Cancer No surgery 101: Thyroid Tumor Radiofrequency Ablation RFA for Recurrent Thyroid Cancers
Dr.G. comments on this article in Korean Biomedical Reviews
7. When a high-frequency current is applied after insertion, frictional heat of about 40-100 degrees Celsius is generated, which eliminate tumor cells.6. High-frequency resection of the recurrent thyroid cancer is performed under a state of local anesthesia to insert the high-frequency electrode into the recurrent tumor.
8. If thyroid cancer recurred at the surgical site or on the neck but reoperation is difficult due to aging or other diseases, or if the patient does not want to undergo surgical reoperation, thyroid tumor RFA can reduce the size of recurrent and ease the symptoms.
9. Thyroid RFA resection of thyroid carcinoma in the thyroid gland around the thyroid gland, where the nerves and blood vessels are dense, requires a high-tech treatment technique that effectively destroys cancer tissue and minimizes complications, unlike benign tumors that are localized only in the thyroid gland.
10. 39 patients who had recurred thyroid carcinoma in their neck lymph nodes removed using thyroidRFA.
11. The number of tumors treated with multiple lesions was 61, and the tumors were treated with an average of 95 percent reduction in tumor size.
12. Thyroid cancer patients with high risk for surgery have been advised to use the new treatment alternative for thyroid cancer.
13. The oldest patient who underwent thyroid tumor RFA for the treatment of recurrent thyroid cancer was 92 years old and was able to relieve symptoms effectively using thyroid RFA therapy without surgery.
14.Thyroid tumor RFA has been shown to be effective in controlling various complications of thyroid cancer, such as thyroid cancer invading the bronchial tree, causing symptoms or a problem of cosmetic outgrowth.
15. Minimally invasive thyroid RFA has markedly less complications than surgery.
16. There may be side effects such as “restlessness” or “pain” because of the complicated structure of several major blood vessels and nerves passing around the thyroid gland. Most of them tend to improve without treatment.
The efficacy and safety of high-frequency radiofrequency thyroid tumor ablation RFA in patients with recurrent thyroid cancer have been proven by leading researchers in the world and is recognized globally, so patients with relapses or with other underlying diseases who are at risk for surgery need to consider this treatment.
Professor Baek quote
“With the increase in the elderly population, patients with relapsed or advanced cancer patients who are at risk or unable to perform surgery have emerged as an important issue in the (alternative) treatment of recurrent thyroid cancer,” Professor Baek said.
I offer referral service to see Professor Baek for thyroid tumor ablation for thyroid nodules and thyroid cancers.
After my evaluation to see if you are a candidate you will fly to Seoul Korea and have a short visit just for the therapy without a new workup.
Call Matt at 310-393-8860 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and for my treatment of cystic nodules and thyroid cancer with ethanol ablation PEI.
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU