Thyroid Nodules No Surgery 101: Why a Simple FNA Needle Washout for Molecular Markers for Thyroid Cancer Can Save You a Surgery.
Dr.Guttler’s Comments on his abstract to be presented at the American Thyroid Association national meeting on October 4 in Washington DC. The title is seen below.
- I sent needle wash samples for Mutation and microRNA to Be tested on my thyroid nodule patients.
- The results of ThyGenX and ThyraMIR combination testing impact surgical decisions of cytologically indeterminate thyroid nodules.
- Helping to avoid unnecessary surgical resection.
- Target nodules in need of surgery.
- Importantly, surgical decisions made using ThyGenX and ThyraMIR combination test results were appropriately aligned with risk of malignancy over clinical follow-up.
- A ThyGenX and classifier ThyraMIR combination test effectively rules in and rules out higher risk of malignancy.
- What did we learn? If you have a thyroid biopsy and told it was indeterminate and you need surgery, say no and ask for a second opinion to obtain molecular testing on your nodule.
- It can save you a surgery or aim you in the right direction to have a lobe removed, total , or with a neck dissection.
- Call me for details at 310-393-8860 or email to email@example.com.
Outcomes of patients with thyroid nodules clinically tested using a combination of mutation and microRNA classification: Interim results of a multicenter registry study .
American Thyroid Association national meeting on October 4 in Washington DC
Dr.Guttler’s Thyroid Center of Santa Monica, Santa Monica, CA is one center in this study.
Sistrunk, J. Woody1; Shifrin, Alexander2; Frager, Marc3; Bardales, Ricardo4; Thomas, Johnson5; Fishman, Norman6; Goldberg, Philip7; Guttler, Richard8; Grant, Edward9 1. Jackson Thyroid & Endocrine Clinic, Jackson, MS; 2. Hackensack Meridian Health Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune, NJ; 3. East Coast Medical Associates, Boca Raton, FL; 4. Outpatient Pathology Associates, Sacramento, CA; 5. Mercy Clinic Endocrinology, Springfield, MO; 6. Diabetes & Endocrinology Specialists, Chesterfield, MO; 7. Endocrine Associates of Connecticut, Branford, CT; 8. Thyroid Center of Santa Monica, Santa Monica, CA; 9. Radiology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA.