What About Radiofrequency Ablation RFA for Your Thyroid Nodule or Thyroid Cancer?
Still Not Happening in the USA or Canada.
The Korean companies making the RFA systems for thyroid ablations has dropped the ball
when it comes to the US market. They have continually have put the US last on the list.
4 years I have worked with them to get the FDA approval. Still nothing half way into 2018.
The ability to treat my own patients with surgery saving Thyroid RFA is years off.
Companies already in the US market have continually refused to develop a thyroid friendly system and
have told me personally there was no more to learn about RFA and have begun research on microwave.
I AM MAD AS Hell AND DO NOT WANT TO BE INVOLVED WITH THESE COMPANIES THAT MISSED THE BOAT, AND LEFT THOUSANDS OF US PATIENTS WITH THYROID NODULES AND CANCER TO HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO HAVE SURGERY.
What is my plan for the next 4 years while the slow process of starting thyroid RFA in the US is safe and functional?
- My patients should get the best care for their benign and cancer nodules and lymph nodes.
- Having Thyroid RFA is the best care for those that qualify.
- Surgery in those patients is over-kill and expensive and could cause severe complications.
- US radiologists and endocrinologists have no experience with thyroid RFA and must start from zero.
- They need to train on how to do RFA. They need to begin by doing cases with a higher complication rate of the beginner in any new procedure.
- I refuse to subject my patients to the effects of the trial and error of new operators when there are experts in Korea and Italy with vast experience and a track record of success.
- Therefore all interested in alternative to surgery for their symptomatic or cosmetic benign thyroid nodule or recurrent thyroid cancer neck lymph nodes need to see me for an evaluation.
- If you are candidate I will see you get the best treatment in Korea or Europe.
- How do I do this?
- My patients will fly to Italy or Korea for a short several days.
- They will just have the safe 20-40 minute treatment and can fly home the day after.
- Compare that to 1-2 days in the hospital or longer with complications, 1-2 hour thyroid surgery, post op complications and even long term damage to parathyroid or vocal cord nerves.
- The cost with airfare and lodging and the fee for the RFA is still significantly less expensive than staying at home and going under the knife.
- Because it will take years to gain experience with thyroid RFA for operators, I will not take that risk with the patients that see me in consultation.
- I refuse to learn thyroid RFA on the backs of my patients and will only send my patients to US operators after that can match Korean and European physicians doing RFA for 10-15 years.
- I am a thyroid interventional sonologist. I treat patients with benign large thyroid and parathyroid cysts in my practice as outpatients with ethanol( PEI). This PEI procedure I have been doing for 10 years. I am an expert, I have no reason to send you to anyone else.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU