Is Thyroid RFA Safe and is it Effective for Benign Thyroid Nodules as Alternative to Surgery? The Answer is Yes.
Comments by Dr.Guttler
Korean J Radiol. 2018 Jan-Feb;19(1):167-174.
Jung Suk Sim, MD, PhD, et al
Efficacy and Safety of Radiofrequency Ablation for Benign Thyroid Nodules: A Prospective Multicenter Study.
Who are Candidates?
1.Symptomatic problems due to the size of the goiter. Also cosmetic issues of distorted neck appearance.
2. Benign thyroid biopsy on two occasions and or benign molecular marker testing.
3. No malignant ultrasound findings.
4. Mostly solid nodule with some cystic component.
5. Normal TSH and FreeT4.
6. Exclusion criteria included follicular neoplasm,thyroid cancer nodule, history of neck radiation, pregnancy, and mostly cystic thyroid nodules best treated with ethanol PEI in the USA.
7 Ethanol ablation PEI is the treatment of choice for cystic benign thyroid nodules.
8. Call 1310-393-8860 for details on how to prevent surgery for your recurrent thyroid cyst with PEI.
Comments: Present state is Thyroid RF is not FDA approved in the USA, and patients need to travel to Italy or Korea. This is arranged by referral after my evaluation. The patient will only have to stay 2 days just for the treatment.
Call 310-393-9860 for details