Is Thyroid RFA Safe and is it Effective for Benign Thyroid Nodules as Alternative to Surgery? The Answer is Yes.
Comments by Dr.Guttler
Korean J Radiol. 2018 Jan-Feb;19(1):167-174.
Jung Suk Sim, MD, PhD, et al
Efficacy and Safety of Radiofrequency Ablation for Benign Thyroid Nodules: A Prospective Multicenter Study.
What are the expected results after thyroid RF?
- Absolute volume reduction was 80% at 12 months.
- Total energy needed = 4200 J.
- Repeat treatment occurred at 8 months if needed in 70/276 patients.
- Treatment sessions were 1.3. with 206 had one treatment and 70 in two.
- Success of the thyroid RF was 98% at 12 months.
Comments: Present state is Thyroid RF is not FDA approved in the USA, and patients need to travel to Italy or Korea. This is arranged by referral after my evaluation. The patient will only have to stay 2 days just for the treatment.
Call 310-393-9860 for details