Thyroglossal Duct Cyst 101: Ethanol Ablation Therapy PEI for Adults and Children.
- The standard therapy for TGD cyst is surgery.
- However there may be patients who do not want surgery.
- There is an example of another reason to have PEI and that is in a child age 4 years old who has a TGD cyst with a sinus opening in the neck. This sinus drains fluid out the neck. This is not a fistula.
- The parents do not want surgery at this age but want to prevent the sinus drainage from the TGD cyst.
- PEI of the cyst will potentially close the sinus tract as well.
- Adults with TGD cysts are also candidate for ethanol ablation instead of surgery.
- Adults need a FNA biopsy to make sure there is no thyroid cancer in the cyst wall before the PEI.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email@example.com for details on TGD cyst PEI therapy.