Thyroglossal Duct Cyst No Surgery 101: Ethanol Ablation a Safe Alternative
- Surgery has been the standard treatment for TGD cysts forever.
- Surgery can cure but can result in failure if the hyoid bone is not transected.Also a scar and surgical complications are possible.
- A research paper by Kim et al looked at ethanol for TGD cysts.
- 10 patients with TGD Cysts were studied .
- Volumes 0.7 to 30 ml reductions were 44%- 100% mean 81%
- 1-3 session were used.
- Improved symptom and cosmetic scores without complications.
- case example.
- 41 Y/O female with TGD cyst A and B are the TGD Cyst before therapy.
- The size was 7.5 ml
- Post PEI there was 86% shrinkage to 1.o8 ml. C and D)
- Second example of PEI for TGD cysts
Post PEI reduction of the TGD cyst and relief of neck symptoms.
If you have a TGD cyst and your physicians want you to have surgery, consider safe ethanol ablation as an alternative.
Details at 13103938860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU