Thyroid HIFU 101: The System
Echopulse® includes an ultrasonic transducer, an amplifier, a computer, visualization and treatment unit (VTU) as well as an interchangeable cooling system (EPack).
Technological breakthrough, EPack is a patented system that ensures both cooling and coupling functions for a safe and efficient treatment, while providing optimal image quality.
Visualization and treatment unit
Visualization and treatment head includes:
• an ultrasound transducer for real-time monitoring of the target area
• an HIFU emission device used for treatment
• an articulated arm for easy positioning on the treatment area
• a motorized head able to perform multi-angle (sagittal or transverse) slices but also micro-movements for a precise and safe treatment
The head provides a real time ultrasound image to view both the target and the HIFU during treatment on the user interface.
Intuitive and easy to use, the user interface includes a touch screen mounted on an articulated and easily steerable arm.
The Echopulse® interface features several functions:
• It guides the user through the set-up, visualization, scheduling and treatment steps.
• The treatment and target area can be assessed and monitored in real time.