Thyroid HIFU 101: What is the Clinical Procedure?
The Echopulse®, device for non invasive treatment using ultrasound is used to treat thyroid nodules.
The treatment is an outpatient procedure. The patient lies on a treatment bed and put under local anesthesia or conscious sedation. The treatment lasts 1 hour on average.
1. Procedure set-up
• Device preparation and cooling and coupling set up
• Patient installation
• Local anesthesia or conscious sedation
2. Treatment head positioning
3. Treatment planning
• Real time identification of the area to be treated using ultrasonography
• Limits of the target area are outlined
• Planning of individual treatment areas with HIFU
• Optimal parameters set up for tailored treatment
• Consecutive repeated pulses to cover the entire targeted volume
• Continuous ultrasound monitoring of the treated area
You are on your way to Europe to get rid of your benign thyroid nodule without surgery. Call Matt at 310-393-8860 for evaluation and referral.