Thyroid No Surgery 101: Dr.Guttler’s Rules to Avoid Unnecessary Thyroid Surgery
- The patient found my website when looking for ways to avoid surgery recommended by her local physicians.
- She had a large complex benign cyst that was causing her local symptoms and it was a cosmetic issue as well.
- Cyst during fluid drainage.
- When she told her primary,endocrinologist and surgeon that she was thinking of ethanol ablation PEI instead of surgery.
- They all told her it was very painful and there were serious complications.
- She came for an evaluation to see if she was a candidate for PEI. None of the scare tactics about the dangers of PEI were true.
- A 15-20 outpatient procedure removed the fluid and treated the cyst with ethanol. She had no complications except some transient neck pain.
- Cyst being injected with ethanol.
- She did not need thyroid hormone replacement and never saw the inside of the operating suite or hospital.
- Call 310-393-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details if you have a neck cyst from the thyroid or parathyroid.
- Patient below has a very large parathyroid cyst seen on the left side of his neck successfully treated without surgery with ethanol ablation.