Thyroid No Surgery 101; Why Risk Complications from Thyroid Surgery When a Simple Safe Out Patient Ethanol Ablation Procedure PEI is the Treatment of Choice for Benign Cystic Thyroid Nodules.
There are many serious complication for thyroid surgery. Vocal cord,and parathyroid damage, infections, bleeding, and even death due to unknown causes related to drugs to put you to sleep.Post op repeat surgery to remove a stitch left in, and weeks of being tired. Also the expense of a hospitalization and large co-pay and loss of work and slow return to normal after the surgery.
Globus Symptoms after thyroidectomy
Thyroid 28(1)2018 p.104-109
Tomoda C. et al
Regardless of the cause post thyroid surgery globus symptoms are frequent and can be persistent for up to a year.
There less serious ones that can effect your life for a long time as well. An example is one year of post surgery complication related to neck symptoms listed below.
- Did you know that following thyroid surgery you can have neck symptoms for up to one year.
- Why have this uncomfortable side effect for even one day when you did not need the surgery in the first place.
- Globus Symptoms include neck and throat discomfort, itching feeling in the throat.
- In the morning a feeling of discomfort occurs.
- Swallowing pills takes longer and extra effort.
- Always feel there is something in my throat.
- Always need candy in my throat.
- Feel swelling like there is a bone stuck in my throat.
- Feels like a lump is in my throat.
- Feels like my neck is being rung.
- Can not eat anything because of the feeling something is stuck in my throat.