Thyroid No Surgery Benign Nodules 101: Ethanol Ablation Did Not Work? Try Radiofrequency ablation before you sign up for surgery!
Mixed cyst solid nodule.
If ethanol leaves you with continued compressive symptoms go for
Radiofrequency ablation before consenting to thyroid surgery.
- Ethanol ablation failure to treat cystic nodules with a larger portion of solid components is a problem.
- Do not go to surgery when radiofrequency ablation can cure your problem.
- (RFA) is effective in both solid and cystic thyroid nodules.
- 20/90 patients needed RF after initial ethanol ablation of the cysts.
- RFA after a single session of EA was effective in reducing mean symptom score from 4.8 to 1.1 ,mean cosmetic score from 3.5 to 1.4 and mean nodule volume from 11.3 to 0.9 mL .
- Ethanol was less effective in nodules when solid component >20%.
- RFA is effective in treatment of benign predominantly cystic thyroid nodules in patients whose clinical problems were incompletely resolved after EA.
- CAll me before going for surgery if you have unresolved problems after ethanol ablation.
- 310-393-8860 or email@example.com.