“I went to see Dr. Guttler with a large fluid filled cyst/nodule on my thyroid. All the doctors I had seen previously recommended surgery to take out the thyroid. They all claimed not to know about any other treatments which seemed really fishy to me. Anyway, I googled for alternatives and thankfully found Dr. Guttler in Santa Monica. He performs a treatment called PEI – percutaneous ethanol injection – that got rid of the cyst in just one office visit! No surgery and only minimal discomfort. I just got back from a follow up visit with ultrasound a year later and that thing is still gone! I still can’t believe that this problem was so easy to treat and without the pain, risk and recovery of surgery. No hospital, minimal pain and no scarring. If you have any sort of thyroid issues or you’re getting conflicting information, I highly recommend you see. Dr. Guttler!”
- This is a common theme about ethanol ablation. Many physicians recommend surgery and think PEI is dangerous and painful.
- Those comments are completely wrong. PEI is safe and only mild pain occurs.
- It is the treatment of choice but why do so many fail to take advantage of this outpatient procedure?
- Patients have to find physicians doing PEI on the internet as their physicians failed to inform them it was an alternative first line therapy.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to email@example.com for details.
- Keep your intact thyroid after PEI. Save your thyroid from the surgeon’s knife and lifetime of possible complications and thyroid hormone therapy.
Image of a PEI treatment of a large thyroid cyst with the needle in the center about to draw out the cyst fluid and put in the ethanol.