Treat Ugly or Symptomatic Enlarging Benign Thyroid Nodules Without Surgery
Papini E et al Curr Opin Endocr Disease 2016 Oct 23(5) 400-406
Before and after radiofrequency ablation RFA of benign thyroid nodule without surgery.
Ethanol ablation in my office of recurrent thyroid cyst.
Comments by Dr.Gutter
1.Timely use of ultrasound guided minimally invasive procedures can change the natural history of benign enlarging nodules.
2.The procedures shrink the nodules and improve or relief symptoms.
3. Cosmetic issue are resolved WITHOUT surgery!
4. Ethanol Ablation PEI of relapsing thyroid cysts. Now the procedure of choice over thyroid surgery..
5. Hyperfunctioning nodules are best treated by radioiodine or surgery but can be treated by Thyroid radiofrequency ablation RFA.
6. These procedures are outpatient,less expensive than surgery, less complication risk, and usually do not cause hypothyroidism.
7. Prior to these a complete evaluation to ensure that their is a very low risk of cancer.
8. Santa Monica thyroid center’s Richard Guttler can do evaluations.
9.He will do ethanol ablation PEI in his office.
10.He is a pipeline to centers in Europe and Asia who accept his evaluation and will do the RFA , or HIFU in 1-2 days in the country.
11. Call 310-393-8860 or emaol to email@example.com for details.
- Image below of radiofrequency ablation of a solid benign nodule.