Why Fix Your Large Nodular Goiter? Here is What Can Go Wrong
- Airpipe ( tracheal compression) causing shortness of breath,respiratory distress,cough,choking sensation.
- Food pipe ( esophageal compression) causing difficult swallowing.
- Recurrent Laryngeal nerve compression causing hoarseness.
- Cervical sympathetic nerve chain compression causes Horner’s syndrome ( ptosis,miosis, and decreased facial sweating. Phrenic nerve paralysis.
- Vascular compression causing Pemberton’s sign ( Vascular engorged neck veins).
- Thyroid hyperfunction causing signs and symptoms of hyperthyroidism or subclinical hyperthyroism for years ( normal T4 low TSH).
- Don’t wait until you have progressive symptoms to get treated. Fear of major surgery is not an excuse. With alternative therapy which is out patient and safe, the large benign nodules can be treated with ethanol ablation PEI for complex cysts and radiofrequency ablation RFA for large beign siolid nodules. Evaluations for these procedures at my center. Call Matthew for details and a evaluation consultation.1-310-393-8860.
- Image of large goiter with a very compressed trachea