Ethanol Ablation for Thyroid Cancer 101:
- Advanced local disease stage iii and iv treated with ethanol ablation.
- 25 cases at the Mayo were treated with PEI.
- 35/37 biopsy proven cancer lymph node decreased in size after treatment.
- 17/37 were gone after therapy.
- 19 /22 patients without TG antibodies decreased their Thyroglobulin (86% )
- 83% of recurrences were handled by repeat PEI.
- No patients had lost their voice or died during the study.
- Neck dissection cost $40-50000.
- PE saved $1 million in hospital charges for a neck dissection in 25 patients.
- Cal me for evaluation of alternative ethanol treatment for recurrent thyroid cancer after radioiodine and neck dissections.
- 310-393-8860 or email@example.com.
Long-term outcome of ultrasound-guided percutaneous ethanol ablation of selected “recurrent” neck nodal metastases in 25 patients with TNM stages III or IVA papillary thyroid carcinoma previously treated by surgery and 131I therapy
Presented at the 34th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, Chicago, Illinois, April 14–16, 2013.