Hypothyroid 101: Milk Ingestion Decreases Absorption of Your Thyroid Medication.
1. Many foods and medications, including calcium supplements, can interfere with thyroid pill absorption.
2. Cow’s milk, a common breakfast staple, can effect the absorption of thyroid.
3. Cow’s milk contains approximately 450 mg of elemental calcium per 12 oz (355 mL) serving.
4. T4 was significantly lower when thyroid was ingested with milk.
5. There is interference from elemental calcium in milk and food with thyroid absorption.
6.Patients should avoid taking cow’s milk with their thyroid.