How to Become An Endocrinologist Doing Their Own Biopsies and Ethanol and Radiofrequency Ablation Procedures.
RFA is approved in the USA and clinical trials are on-going.
Learn two basic new methods to save your patients from unnecessary thyroid surgery and add new tools to your practice.
Two Tier System
- Those endocrinologists not doing FNA can begin by training in USGFNA, smear technique, molecular marker collection, On-site Adequacy, needle washout for thyroglobulin PTH, and calcitonin.
- Those doing their own USGFNA can train in newer techniques and go on to PEI and RFA classes.
- The training for endocrinologists without experience in FNA will need 5 days training course to do both FNA and PEI/RFA training.
- Those with experience doing FNA and do 50-100 FNAs a year can come for just the 3 day Ablation course.
- PEI/RFA training includes generator 101, electrodes, procedure lectures, hands on practice with bovine liver and gelatin models doing RFA, and PEI.
- PEI treatment
- Cystic nodule treated with Ethanol.
- RFA treatment practice with bovine liver model with beef “nodules”.
- Endocrinologist showing her RFA ablation of a beef nodule.
- Important safety techniques such as capsule lidocaine injection, Dextrose microdissection to move danger away from target nodule.
- Capsule lidocaine injection.
- Practice lidocaine injection method of Gelatin model with a balloon.
- Take home methods to practice PEI/RFA at home until you get your own RFA generator.
- Remember, we fought over 40 years to get recognition for endocrinologists to do their own ultrasound,biopsies, and on-site adequacy procedures. We also had approval for thyroid nuclear medicine but few kept their license.
- Endocrinologists without the ability to do their own procedures allows radiologists and surgeons to take control of their patients.
- Also FNA and PEI/RFA ablation procedures will enhance your bottom line.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or [email protected] for 3-5 day master’s class details.