Is Your Non-Medullary Thyroid Cancer FNMTC Familial?
Does a Family Member have Thyroid Cancer?
- Patients with familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer present at a younger age and have a greater rate of lymph node metastasis. The treatment for familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer should be more aggressive in patients who present clinically and in those who have ≥3 first-degree relatives affected.
- Screening for FNMTC can be done in my center if you have a first degree family member with thyroid cancer.
- Blood tests will not determine if you have FNMTC.
- A Neck/thyroid ultrasound is needed.
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or email to [email protected]
- Ask for Alicia for details.
Do patients with familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer present with more aggressive disease? Implications for initial surgical treatment