Endocrine Practice 27(2021) p. 682-690 Zhang F. et al
- Location within the thyroid lobes is studied in this paper.
- 604 nodules were studied. 37/604 were cancers.
- Upper pole nodules had the highest number of cases of cancer 15%.
- Lateral nodules were next at 12.5% cancers.
- Anterior lateral nodules were 12% cancers.
- Lower pole compared to upper pole nodules were significantly less likely to be cancers.
- Posterior nodules also had a lower risk.
- Lateral, anterior lateral, and upper pole nodules carried the highest risk of cancer.
- Posterior nodules carried the lowest risk.
- Call me for evaluation to see if you even need a biopsy.
- Call me a 310-393-8860 or email to [email protected]
- Ask for Alicia