Thyroid Cancer 101: Ask Your Primary PMD Why He Doesn’t Recommend Alternative Treatment with Ethanol ( PEI ) instead of Another Modified Radical Neck Dissection MRND, alternative therapy for micro-papillary thyroid cancer instead or surgery or active surveillance.
- PEI has been available in the US for over ten years.
- However, You will not be offered PEI because your PMD, endocrinologist, and surgeon will not offer it. They will want you to have more surgery and more radioiodine.
- There are specialists who can treat you with ethanol for recurrent thyroid cancer in neck lymph nodes after you had one neck dissection.
- My video of PEI for cysts and cancer lymph nodes.
- There are similar option are available for selected small micro-cancers in the thyroid that would be offered surgery or active surveillance. Patients who do not want more surgery or do not want to just observe the cancer in their neck for years can be a candidate for PEI.
- PEI is safe with low complication rates and is done in the physicians office or outpatient settings..Each PEI of a lymph node saves 35-50 thousand in hospital bills from the surgery.
- Mayo clinic’s Dr.Ian Hay and his team offer PEI for lymph node and primary thyroid micro-cancers.
- For details of my centers treatment plan for thyroid cancers call 310-393-8860 or [email protected]otonmail.com.
- Richard Guttler MD,FACE, ECNU Interventional thyroidologist