Thyroid Cancer That is Now a Benign Tumor 101: How do You Find Out The Needle Biopsy Result of Papillary Thyroid Cancer Could Be A Benign Tumor Instead ?
Thyroid Cancer 101: Looks like Papillary thyroid Cancer but it is Not Cancer.
The Scarlet Letter Big C Tattoo to the Blue Letter b tattoo.
Papillary thyroid cancer on the biopsy
to NIFT-P Benign Thyroid Tumor after second opinion review.
Dr.Guttler’s options after you are told you have thyroid cancerThyroid Cancer That is Now a Benign Tumor 101: How do You Find Out The Needle Biopsy Result of Papillary Thyroid Cancer Could Be A Benign Tumor Instead ?
- The diagnosis of thyroid cancer or any cancer is scary.
- Do not rush to surgery.
- Thyroid cancer is rarely an emergency.
- You have time to see me for an opinion about the true nature of the nodule.
- First I will obtain the original needle biopsy.
- I will decide if it fits with the diagnosis of a non-invasive follicular variant of papillary cancer.
- It is fits the criteria on review, You have two options.
- This lesion could be a benign tumor called Non-invasive follicular tumor with papillary looking cells, or NIFT-P.
- This is not a cancer as previously thought.It does not invade or spread and acts just like any benign thyroid tumor.
- Because the best way to diagnosis now is the remove the lobe on the side of the nodule.
- Pathology will slice up the capsule in many places to determine if there are signs of invasion.
- If there are no signs the Diagnosis of NIFT-P is made.
- What does that mean to you as the patient?
- No more surgery.
- No radio iodine therapy.
- With a healthy lobe intact you have a good chance you won’t need thyroid hormone replacement.
- You will never have a diagnosis of follicular variant of papillary thyroid cancer.
- You will never need long term cancer follow up testing with cancer blood tests, ultrasounds and Thyrogen stimulation testing and diagnostic body scans.
- Your insurance will not contain a cancer diagnosis that can influence premiums or life insurance.