Thyroid No Surgery: Where can you go to be treated with the most advanced alternative to surgery for benign thyroid nodules.
There are several famous centers in Europe and Asia that can treat your nodules without surgery, scar or post surgery complications if you are willing to travel out of the country. The premier center for research and clinical use of Thyroid RFA is Asan Medical Center in South Korea.
- If are willing to travel to South Korea Santa Monica Thyroid Center’s Richard Guttler can do the evaluation in the US and when you arrive in Seoul Korea you will only need to be there for several days for the actual therapy. Jung Hwan Baek MD,PHD and his team will do radiofrequency ablation RFA on benign nodules and recurrent thyroid cancer. Dr.Baek is Professor of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center.
- Asan Medical Center is where the treatment would be done. A flight to Korea 2-3 nights in a hotel and a treatment and post RFA exit ultrasound and you can return to the US for me or your local endocrinologist to follow you.
- The have done more RFA ablation treatments than anyone in the world.
- They have been instrumental in developing the ThyroidRF Mini-probe system produced by Star MED Korea. It uses shorter and smaller caliber probes ( #18 and 19 ) than for other organs and is used in Italy and Europe.
- We will arrange the trip for you if you are a candidate. Call Matt for details 310-393-8860.
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU