Thyroid Radiofrequency Ablation is a Safe Procedure for Thyroid Nodules: 4000 Patients in 32 Studies.
A recent webinar by Dr. Leo Rangel, expert in thyroid RFA from Brazil detailed the complications and how to avoid them for thyroid physicians. ( Image of Dr.Rangel shown here)
- 5/4000 had extremely rare complications.
- 5-10/4000 rare complications.
- Most had negligible minor side effects such as neck pain treated with ice packs and Tylenol.
- Moderate morbidity was usually voice changes, or hematoma. Both corrected over a few days to several months.
- Severe morbidity was very rare and included nodule rupture.
- If you have been told to have surgery for a benign or suspicious thyroid nodule or small micro-papillary thyroid canceryou need to consider thyroid RFA.
- Call Alicia at 310-393-8860 or secure email to [email protected] for details and evaluation.