Thyroid Radiofrequency Ablation Without Anesthesia in my Thyroid Center 101: How we keep them awake and alert during my treatment.
- When you are put to sleep with a general during RFA you can not tell if you have complications until you awake from the anesthesia.
- Even conscience sedation leaves you less able to tell the operator if you are in trouble.
- Local lidocaine injection of the thyroid gland capsule is the main way to do RFA.
- Thyroid capsule has the sensory nerve endings while none exist inside the thyroid or nodule.
- Image below show how we put the lidocaine in the space lining the capsule. The needle is seen at the top of the image and the wide space to the right is the lidocaine bulge above the thyroid capsule.
- The next image is the RF electrode during the ablation.
- The patient was able to tell us she had no pain and her voice was unchanged during the procedure.
8. The Thyroid RF treatment in my office is done without all the extra expense incurred when done in the hospital outpatient center by radiologists. The cost difference is 35-50%.
9.Call me at 310-393-8860 or secure email to [email protected]