- Fewer complications.
- Shorter recovery time
- Quick return to normal work and leisure activities.
- Preserves your thyroid function.
- No life long thyroid medication.
- No general anesthesia Local only.
- No hospital admission.
- No surgical scar.
- No downtime from work.
- Less expensive than both surgery and hospital based RFA with general anesthesia. $5000-7000 vs $15,000-50,000 for either RFA with general anesthesia or general surgery.
- Safe compared to either surgery or hospital based RFA with general anesthesia.
What are the disadvantages?
- Slower volume reduction than surgery.
- Ultrasound follow up exams needed.
- Larger nodules need repeat treatments.
- Under treated marginal areas in the nodules may show regrowth and need repeat treatment.
Call me at 310393-8860 for details of my office based thyroid RFA treatment for nodules and cancer.
Email to [email protected]
Ask for Alicia