With No Insurance or Codes for thyroid radiofrequency ablation what is your best approach to service location? Hospital or Private Endocrinologists office?
These worry dolls are here to remind you that you will definitely worry whe how you will pay the bill from the hospital when it comes weeks later. Endocrinologist collect set fee up front with no hidden charges.
1.Have you seen bills from the hospital for any service? Get a calculator and marvel at how many things that can spin into your bill for a simple thyroid RFA treatment.
2. They are way more expensive that similar services in the endocrinologists office.
3. Prior to interventional thyroidologists doing ethanol and radiofrequency ablations you had to have your surgery in the hospital for benign nodules, cancers, thyroglassal duct cysts and parathyroid adenomas.Still most thyroid cancer needs surgery and you have to do it.
However small micro-papillary thyroid cancer is now treatable with thyroid RFA.
Also recurrent thyroid cancer in neck lymph nodes is also treated without surgery with ethanol and radiofrequecy.
4. Still radiologists are hospital based and are doing RFA in the hospital. The mark up costs are more that doing RFA in your endocrinologists office who has trained in thyroid RFA.
5. Cost are all out of pocket as there is no insurance covering thyroidRFA costs.
6. Typical cost for in office thyroid RFA is 40-50% less than hospital radiologists thyroid RFA.
7. Why? The hospital mark up for many unnecessary charges is the reason. All the equipment, drugs, drapes and monitoring equipment is on your bill! The cost of all that unnecessary draping of you like you were having thyroid surgery is not needed.
8. Low risk thyroid RFa done in an expert thyroidologist does not need unnecessary equipment, and with the patient awake there are no drugs. Tylenol is the only drug but only if needed.
9. The staff in the hospital RFA set up is excessive. you are charged for them. You also will get extra bills from any physician or tech in the room, or visiting you if you stay overnight.I have one nurse and one Ultrasound tech in the suite INCLUDED in there set fee.
10. One night in the hospital after the RFA is a cool $1000 or more.
11. Walk away and visit out interventional thyroidologists for a reasonable fee for one who has to pay without insurance coverage.
12 Call me 310-393-8860 or secure email to [email protected] for details of my RFA and Ethanol therapy.