Do You Have a Hot Thyroid Nodule also called Autonomous Functioning Nodule AFTN?
New treatment with radiofrequency ablation RFA without either radioiodine or surgery.
Eur Radiol Aug 2020.
H J Kim et al
- Systematic review of RFA for AFTN.
- 411 patients treated in 14 studies.
- TSH became normal in 71%
- Nodule reduction was 70%.
- Follow up period was 12 months.
- NO CASES OF HYPOTHYROIDISM.
- No serious complications.
- The RFA effectiveness was not related to nodule size.
- CONCLUSION: IT IS SAFE AND EFFECTIVE ALTERNATIVE TO RADIATION OR SURGERY. IT IS THE ONLY TREATMENT THAT DOES NOT INDUCE HYPOTHYROIDISM.
NO THYROID SURGERY
- Call me at 310-393-8860 or secure email to [email protected]
- Ask for Alicia for details of RFA for your AFTN.