- Radiologists were late to the idea of using US to find and diagnose parathyroid disease.
- Endocrinologists certified in endocrine neck have been leading the way.
- ECNU certified sonologists found increasing numbers of parathyroid incidentalomas (PTIs).
- We pioneered the needle washout for PTH and TG to separate thyroid from parathyroid nodules and cysts.
- Recurrent parathyroid cysts or ones with bleeding tendencies need ethanol ablation PEI
Don’t go to surgery for parathyroid adenoma without an endocrine neck ultrasound and if needed a gentle non-aggressive needle washout for PTH/TG.
Call Matt at 310-393-8860 or [email protected] if you have a parathyroid problem.
Richard Guttler MD,FACE,ECNU